Friday, January 15, 2010

Seek and You Shall Find



My treasure trove hungers after
Worldly accomplishments.
Appeasement is a far trek.
Progression, regression arise by what I seek.
Wonder if what I sought fetched me this!

Mind is on a continuous wander,
Every soul is looking for something.
Some worldly, some spiritual,
Some get it, and some don’t
Its presence is happiness to one,
For another its absence is.
The duality confuses me to no end!

Makes me think, do I really need what I seek??

Discontent accompanied attainment,
Forecast of happiness mocked my judgment,
Lingered in me thought,
What I require is the wisdom to seek right!

Prayers turned to solicitation
Hopes of materialization of materials rose.
With an inventory of never-ending wants,
I slip into a slumber...
Only to awaken to a Higher calling!

The voice said “count your blessings”
And I comprehend how void my prayers was..
Begins my prayers of gratitude,
For I had much more than I sought.
The power to make it happen!

I set on to acquire what I want.
But on an uphill climb, I question my power
The voice in turn answered,
“Are you questioning MY power?”

Elated I looked up at the voice and said
“I realize I am a mere instrument to execute your will”
The voice said “Path trails what you seek”
And I whispered to myself “know what I seek, cause’ I shall find”

The next moment, the world was at my feet.
Materials ceased to be significant.
The created guided me no more,
I embark on a quest for the creator in me..

The voice said “if the pursuit is strong and the intent right,
Seek and you shall find...”


2 comments:

Anupam said...

Hello Priya really nice post .I liked the lines ..Discontent accompanied attainment,
Forecast of happiness mocked my judgment,
Lingered in me a thought,
What I require is the wisdom to ask right..and “I realize I am a mere instrument to execute your will”..
It's true that attitude of gratitude is the most important thing to strive for. We have to count our blessings and be thankful for all that the universe has given us..then only the universe can conspire to give us even more :)

Turning Point said...

Beautiful! Thank you for this wonderful poem